Let’s play “Who is my governor?” To play, comment with the worst hits of your state’s highest office.
Gavin Newsom, current governor of California, needed remedial reading in school and his entire business and political career are funded through nepotism (The Getty family and the Pelosi family – read his bio.) He also had an affair with his best friend’s wife, which I think speaks to his character as a man. (If he’ll stab his best friend in the back, do you think he cares about you?)
As mayor of San Francisco, he set the policies that would literally cover that city in human excrement over the next 10 years. (Care Not Cash, and others.)
Recently, he mandated masks for the entire state after his $1 billion federal deal with a Chinese mask company was approved.
I’ll give him this, however: He’s smart enough to know that to enforce his unilateral decrees he will need the police to crack down on citizens. As such he’s rejected any notion of defunding or abolishing them. So, to my friends on the Left, he stabbed you in the back, too. Even the lefty Spectator hates him. Remember, you don’t achieve high political office by being a good person.
A Disclaimer About My PoliticsThanks for reading this post, I hope I challenged you in some way. Agree with me? That’s cool. Disagree? Even better. I’m just a random guy on the internet, voicing his opinion (at the time of writing this blog post – check the date; opinions change as more facts and experience are gathered). But imagine if I had the political power and will to force you to agree with me! That would be terrible, and that’s the point of voluntarism and non-aggression. You should not be forced to agree with me. Please extend me the same courtesy.
“The word ‘politics’ is derived from the word ‘poly’ meaning ‘many’, and the word ‘ticks’ meaning ‘blood sucking parasites’.” -Larry Hardiman
Political Blog Posts
- The Democrats Don’t Deserve Your Vote
- The Republicans Don’t Deserve Your Vote
- The Libertarians Don’t Deserve Your Vote
- Democracy ≠ Freedom
- I Don’t “Feel the Bern.”
- Confessions of a Public Servant
- Leaders vs. Rulers
- Libertarianism is Better Than Progressivism
- Why I Do Not Vote (And Neither Should You)
- The Traffic Court Swindle
- Top Five Reasons I Don’t Argue Politics on Social Media
- Why Meaningful Debate is Impossible
- Dos and Do Nots for the Liberty Minded
- “There ought to be a law…”
- A Defense of Fugitive Slaves
- Conspiracy Theories are Dumb