Ten Questions for Obamacare Supporters
- Have you read the law? If you haven’t, how can you possibly know that you support it? (The null position is to reject something until it has been proven to be true.) Do you also sign contracts without reading them? This is worse, because it affects other people, not just you.
- How can you possibly know what kind of insurance 300 million people need? Do men need maternity coverage even though it’s impossible for them to be pregnant? Is it a “junk policy” if a package doesn’t include maternity coverage? What gives you the right to decide? How can you know the insurance needs of every small business in the country? How can you know the financial situation of every hospital in the country?
- A staggering 83% of doctors have threatened quitting the practice over Obamacare. Now, I don’t believe the real number will be anywhere near that, but what good is insurance coverage if there are not enough healthcare providers? If you increase demand without increasing supply, you get shortages. It’s Economics 101.
- An estimated 16 million people have been or will be dropped from their insurance due to the law. President Obama said, “If you like your insurance, you can keep it.” Did he lie? Or was he unaware that this would happen? Either way, can you still trust him? He’s a liar or he’s incompetent. Pick one.
- Did you know the Obamacare law raised the interest on student debts to help pay for it? Should the government be making money off of student loan debt?
- Did you know that Al Franken, John Kerry, Elizabeth Warren, and several other prominent Democrats sent a memo to Harry Reid asking the tax on medical devices be delayed because it would hurt people in their districts? Do the people in other districts matter?
- Does the federal government have the right to fine you for not buying something? What if, instead of healthcare insurance, Congress passed a law forcing everyone to buy a gun? Is that just? Moral?
- Traditionally, liberals and progressives are opposed to big business’ influence over the government. Here, government is forcing us all to buy insurance from private business. How is this not fascism? Where are your principles?
- The following groups are exempt from the law: Obama and his family, Congress and their families, the Justic Department and their families, the Supreme Court and their families, and 1200 corporations and unions. If Obamacare is so wonderful, why are prominent leaders who are inflicting it on the rest of us exempt? Is that a just law?
- If I’m wrong about everything, and you’re right, do you support my forthcoming persecution from the IRS for disagreeing with you? Or may I live my life in peace?
These are not rhetorical questions, I want answers. Please leave them in the comments.
Please Support this Blog
Thank you for your time and attention, and thanks for reading! If you’d like to help keep this blog going, please support it! You can help in a couple ways:
First, buy something from my shop! I’ve got mugs, tapestries, canvas, tee shirts, phone cases, pillows, blankets, and much more.
Second, hire me directly! I’m a professional caricaturist/illustrator. I’m currently offering pet illustrations, personalized caricatures of you or a loved one, and celebrity caricatures. Click the links for details and pricing, or just send me a message by using the form below. Basic illustrations start at just $15!
Become a Guest Blogger
This article was written by a guest blogger. Do you have something you’d like to share with my readers? Contact me to become a guest blogger.